Latest Release of Epicor ERP to Support Talent Retention, Automation and MoreThu Nguyen
Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, today announced the 10.2.500 release of its enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution. The new Epicor ERP release delivers on customer growth objectives with new capabilities to support cloud adoption, improve the user experience and ensure global readiness by helping companies address pressing market challenges such as the changing workforce.
“The need to attract and retain talent is more important than ever – with more people currently leaving the manufacturing industry than joining,” said Terri Hiskey, vice president. “Offering a modern toolset for next-generation workers which is more familiar and reminiscent of how they already interact with mobile applications, will help give them the experience they anticipate. We’re offering our customers the ability to choose their update path with tools and solutions that allow them to get where they want, however they want – via cloud environments or on-premise.”
The new release advancements help companies grow their business with technology solutions. They are purpose-built and leverage cloud capabilities, IoT, AI, and big data. With greater access to ERP data and the automation of redundant tasks, organizations gain greater visibility into their processes. Thus, they can translate to new levels of business efficiency and responsiveness.
The new updates of Epicor include:
- Epicor Collaborate (a cloud-based solution): It simplifies collaboration and interaction processes. Moreover, it drives employee engagement by leveraging social media concepts to easily exchange information.
- Epicor Virtual Agent – EVA – (the AI-powered virtual agent): It provides a new set of skills to modernize the experience for everyday functions. Some examples are purchase order approvals and supplier order processes.
- Epicor Service Pro: It provides field service and mobile capabilities with time-saving automation tools. Those functions then streamline service calls, schedule and dispatch, quote, work order management, service contracts, asset tracking, and more.
- Epicor Functions (the next evolution of Epicor BPMs): This solution provides new levels of flexibility. It can solve orchestration and integration challenges for cloud and on-premises customers.
- New Cloud data centers (global centers in Australia and Canada): Their purpose is to better support more solutions built for the cloud.
“Small to mid-sized companies are looking to ERP vendors to democratize the advancements that big companies are making and keep pace with innovation – helping them understand how cloud environments, as well as tech advancements like AI and IoT, can be integrated within their business portfolios and drive bottom-line profitability,” said Ray Wang, Principal Analyst and Founder, Constellation Research. “Epicor is addressing this by offering ways for companies to start to leverage the power of Industry 4.0 technologies at an affordable price and with a clear path for growth.”