Numerous retailers have implemented eCommerce to gain bigger market shares in this digital world, and many of them have even gone further by integrating their platforms into an ERP system to scale up the whole business. Let’s check with Data V Tech the benefits of such an integration in this article:
What is eCommerce?
ECommerce is an online “supermarket” where consumers can do shopping by some simple clicks and online payment or payment after each successful delivery. On the other hand, it has become an effective tool for many salespeople. Indeed, it can generate revenues by more significant speed and volumes than ever in case of successful implementation and proper utilization. One of the most popular platforms is Magento – a unique solution appropriate for businesses of various sizes.
What is ERP?
ERP functions as a central database supporting all essential departments of an enterprise, including sales, marketing, finance and accounting, human resources, and logistics at all hierarchical levels. Among many ERP systems, Epicor ERP is known for its capability of simple and effective integration with other applications, such as Magento or WordPress. Since one of Epicor ERP’s outstanding features is its financial management, a retailer with Epicor’s support can easily and seamlessly track, store, analyze, and report financial records. In other words, you can automate many financial tasks.
Why does ERP and eCommerce integration benefit your business?
Imagine eCommerce is like a front office of salespeople, which interacts directly with customers, and ERP deals with the back-office operations. Moreover, the integration of these two applications will transmit your essential data automatically. Here are the benefits of ERP and eCommerce integration in more detail:
- No Duplicate Data Entry – When the two applications integrate, you can enjoy the automation of your data flow. That means, your accountants can save time entering data and instead, start working on more complicated tasks.
- Fewer Mistakes – Manual data entry is a tedious task that you either have to spend a lot of time checking and rechecking or can hardly avoid errors. Needless to say how important it is when you present, e.g., the tax reports with more accurate data.
- Comprehensive Financial Reports – It is true that both applications can provide you with a financial report. However, with ERP, and particularly Epicor ERP, your report will be more comprehensive and accurate as it is adjustable to the national tax system.
- Increased Automation – An ERP system can do more than what eCommerce offers as it simplifies accounts receivable and accounts payable, reduces your overhead, and improves cash management as well as cash flow issues.
- Better Control of your Financial Status – An ERP system allows you to easily track specific financial transactions. Furthermore, you can see the details of every financial transaction, incl. who, what, when, and where.
- Better Control of your Business – Overall, ERP empowers eCommerce retailers by more seamless automation and more accurate data as well as reports.
Final Thoughts about the necessary integration of ERP and eCommerce
For all aforementioned advantages, it is time for you to consider implementing an ERP system that is integrable with your existing eCommerce platform. In case, you are still reluctant for some questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! We would love to assist you.
Content writer: Trang Vu