We are pleased to announce that Epicor® Advanced MES (Mattec) is now even more powerful and easier to use than ever before. In this release summary, you will get a high-level overview of the new features available within Epicor Advanced MES (Mattec) version 8.3.
Advanced MES (Mattec) Enhancements
There are many new product capabilities and enhancements in the 8.3 release of Epicor Advanced MES (Mattec). These include:
- New Epicor ERP 10/Advanced MES Production Data Integration with Epicor ERP 10.2.500
- Real-Time Scheduling
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Real-Time Display (RTD) enhancements
- Plant Floor Display
- System Configuration
- New data storage methods for production machines and equipment
- Machine integration for the Next Generation Machine Interface Units (MIU) for non-touchscreen and the new touch screen MIU
- New Language Translations and Updates
New ERP10/Advanced MES (Mattec) Production Data Integration in 10.2.500
There was a production data integration already introduced in ERP10 that leveraged existing integration frameworks in ERP10 and Epicor Advanced MES (Mattec). ERP is the system of record for most data in that integration. Data was being exchanged via .csv files.
Production Jobs and data relevant to what is to be produced is transferred to Advanced MES from ERP and data about what was produced is transferred back to ERP from Advanced MES.
A new integration has been developed that provides a more modern and flexible integration that can be made to adapt to customers’ specific manufacturing operations. The integration uses open data protocols and RESTful APIs. ERP remains the system of record for most data. This integration is a modern foundation on which the integration can continue to grow and add value through a seamless operation between ERP and Advanced MES.
Real-Time Scheduling Improvements
- Display the assigned shifts for each machine
- Remove running jobs from scheduled and unscheduled jobs lists
- Perform a job change on calendar machines automatically
- Present PM job duration in job schedule
- New dialog to show assigned shift for machines
- HMI cell list enhancement – Numerical sort order
- Slovak language translation
- French translation update HMI and core product
Real-Time Display (RTD) Improvements
- Down Time Code is now available in addition to Down Time Description
- Additional Filter on RTD and Web RTD for SQC Samples
Plant Floor Display (PFD) Improvements
- Configuration of decimal places for data display in the PFD Writer
- CC100 Plc Addition to supported PLCs
- Digital Input card installation improvements
Data Storage Improvements
- Material Consumption data being captured by Maguire blenders
- Storage of Hourly Production Data in addition to by Job and Shift
System Configuration Improvements
- Enhanced system configuration for CFMIU MIU configuration to show assigned machines
- Add Plant/Company editor to SystemConfiguration in support of ERP/Mattec MES data integration
- Add NG Long Cycle machine local aux inputs to MIU cross-reference list
Platform Support Changes
- Dropping support of SQL Server versions before SQL Server 2012
- Drops support of Windows Server OS 2008 and 2008 R2
Both are reaching or have reached the end of support from Microsoft.
Source: Epicor Software Inc.
For further information about Epicor Advanced MES 8.3, Epicor ERP, and the integration between the two system, please contact us here.