This post continues discussing the highlights in Epicor 10.2.400. (Here is the first part.) Especially, those related to Epicor ERP scheduling boards, mobile application, REST v2 OData v4 and Office Excel 365.
New Epicor Scheduling Boards
One highlight in Epicor 10.2.400 is the completely new design of scheduling boards. It enables you to easily detect overload problems and hanging conditions. You then can analyze schedule changes concerning cost and throughput before firmly committing them.
So what are the specific Epicor 10.2.400 major features in these scheduling boards:
- You can drag, drop or drilldown the schedule for multi-level assemblies and operation details.
- The new timeline enables you to observe short-run operations, based on which you can analyze the long-run impacts of operations.
- The view indicators, including late status and material availability, proactively send you notifications of potential problems in the schedule. Moreover, you can customize colors for your personal denotation. For example, you can categorize real, possible or delinquent load by task or operation.
- You can flexible schedule and adjust the schedule for a single task and for the whole plant. In addition, you can lock tasks for key operations or define your priority and level capacity loads by resource/resource group.
- In case of overload or needs of overload alleviation concerning resource/resource group, you can simply drag and drop load hours forward or backward.
- These boards allow you to display each date and resource/resource group and access resource/resource-group as well as job scheduling information. As a result, you can check the causes of the problem and adjust the schedules.
- The what-if (or potential/possible) mode also helps to analyze potential bottlenecks before you finish the actual schedule.
However, in case of preference of the Classic Scheduling Board, you can easily find that option in the Menu. It is the button ‘Classic’.
Mobile application for time and expense
Some Epicor 10.2.400 major features include new time & expense mobile application. On the one hand, this function target at Requestors, whose job is to compose and send timesheet or expense reports for approval. On the other hand, its objective is to help Approvers to approve or reject timesheet or expense reports more easily.
Furthermore, this application is compatible with Apple iOS 11, 12 devices and Google Android 7.0, 8.0 ones.
REST v2 OData v4
The current upgrade in REST API is another Epicor 10.2.400 highlight. Its present version 2 takes advantage of the newest OData v.4. Thus, the way to specify the current Company as well as custom ERP-specific parameters in REST request URLs becomes friendlier. However, you need to review the changes properly when upgrading to version 2.
Here are the Maintenance Screens in Epicor 10.2.400:
- API Key Maintenance
- Access Scope Maintenance
Office Excel 365
Excel 2016 or higher versions are accessible now in Epicor 10.2.400.
Epicor 10.2.400 highlights – to be continue
You can easily find a number of new features after upgrading your system to this new version. Though we cannot provide a full list at the moment, we are always here to listen and support you. Feel free to contact us here.
All photos and explanations belong to EpicHelp user hasokeric.